RSA-WIDE – October 10, 2018
– TAXI RELATED VIOLENCE_ Taxi related unrest will possibly increase following a petrol price increase recently. Both grades of petrol, 93 and 95 (ULP & LRP), increased by 99 cents and 100 c/l respectively. The petrol hike will place pressure on taxi operators to start looking at all ways of increasing revenue, including conflict with other taxi rivals and routes. Train and bus transport companies can also be targeted over competition for business.
LIMPOPO – October 10, 2018
– BURGERSFORT_ (12h30) Protest reported at the Burgersfort Town Council Office.
GAUTENG – October 10, 2018
– ELDORADO PARK_ (07h00) Unrest likely to flare up in Eldorado Park, Ennerdale, Moffat View, Westbury, Riverlea and Noordgesig. The communities are disgruntled with gang related crime.
– VANDERBIJLPARK_ (08h30) Unrest reported at Johan Heyns Health Centre.
– KRUGERSDORP_ (10h00) Public violence reported – Commissioner St and Market St affected.
MPUMALANGA – October 10, 2018
– LYDENBURG_ (06h00) Unrest reported in the area – Roossenekal Rd / R540 and R37 near Skhila affected.
FREE STATE – October 10, 2018
– SASOLBURG_ (11h30) Protest reported at Omnia South entrance.
NORTH WEST – October 10, 2018
– VENTERSDORP_ (06h00) All main roads are open except N14 Colligny. Schools are closed owing to unrest. The situation is likely to escalate.
– WOLMARANSSTAD_ (07h00) Demonstration today at 10h00 from Tswelelang to the Maquassi Hills Local Municipality – R505 and N12 might be affected.
– VENTERSDORP_ (12h00) The situation in town is calm, businesses remain closed – N14 still affected. Unrest likely to continue in the area.
KWAZULU-NATAL – October 10, 2018
– DURBAN_ (06h30) Protest at Toyota SA in Prospecton continues. NUMSA demands the establishment of a transformation committee which will oversee and participate in the recruitment and procurement process.
– DURBAN_ (11h30) Unrest reported on Umgeni Road.
EASTERN CAPE – October 10, 2018
– Updating: No reports
WESTERN CAPE – October 10, 2018
– CAPE TOWN_ (13h00) Unrest reported in Philippi – Jakes Gerwel Dr and Weltevreden Rd affected.
NORTHERN CAPE – October 10, 2018
– BARKLEY WEST_ (09h00) Public violence reported – R31 affected.
Please Note Reports are collected from multiple sources, Media News Groups (which really lacks true reporting), Twitter, Facebook, & (WILLSHIR & ASSOCIATES) being the main source which is done via WhatsApp groups, and shared to other community police forum across the country and Vice Versa.